Anybody know anything about Howdens "Lamona " wine coolers ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all - bought a Lamona wine cooler now just out of warranty and it's stopped cooling - fan works but unit doesn't cool just stays at room temperature - I know nought about these any ideas appreciated !

Sponsored Links
Has it got a made in China label? If it has scrap it.
If not post what it says.

oh dear !

is it doomed
light works - fan works - all buttons work - temperature display can be changed to select required temperature but then just flicks back to show room temperature !

I'm hating Lamona

You could probably start your own little landfill with all the non-working Lamona products you have lying around :rolleyes:
Look on the bright side...as long as you have a fridge you can still enjoy cold wine (providing it isn't a Lamona as well).
I suppose you could always use it to store red wine :idea:

Sponsored Links
Had it to bits can't see anything obvious !

Just gonna keep it as a very expensive red wine rack either that or smash it in to tiny pieces but i'll have a very big gap in me kitchen - don't drink wine meself it's the missus - so i'm happy savin the lecky anyway - never quite sure what was wrong with the fridge in the first place !

cheers zipper :)

Why don't you make a juicy complaint to Howdens? It isn't "fit for purpose" if it only lasted a year. You never know your luck?

Got small 7 bottle lamona wine cooler. Fan is on constantly! They sent out engineer who replaced main power board which made no difference. Then gave us new unit - still the same! Anyone else got this problem? It's really noisy and just not practical to leave it on.

Our Lamona drinks cooler failed one week after the 2 year warranty ran out, and the Lamona fridge is now failing.

Choosing Lamona was not a good decision.

Avoid them, or take the risk.

my wine cooler has also gone wrong like all the others but i unfortunately i have a pair and the new ones do not match. Howdens proved to be very unsympathetic my choices are have 2 unmatching wine coolers in a 6 year old kitchen or buy 2 new ones

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back