Anybody know what model this is..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This alarm had been powered off for a few months and now wants an engineer reset. Does anybody know how to do that or even what the model of this particular alarm is? Thanks in hope and anticipation.

IMG_1013.jpg IMG_1014.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Its an early galaxy, find the control panel and may have a sticker on with what model it is.
This was before Honeywell bought the company.

Ahh yes it's a Galaxy 8.. any idea how to do a reset on it?

Sponsored Links
Hi, neither I nor my electrician can see a MEM BK on the PCB.. any ideas where it is? I've added a pic to the original post..

Screenshot_20211001-132319_Samsung capture.jpgnot easy to find if you don't know what you are looking for.Blue link top righthand side of pcb opposite capacitor.

Note that this will fully default the panel, so any zone and output programming will need to be re-entered. You will need to enter the default codes to silence internal sounders if you re-power the unit.

Brilliant thanks guys, will give this a go. Specsavers didn't know anything about the default codes though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back