Anybody knows anything about one-way-mirrors?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.

We have a bunch of meeting rooms in our office building and one of our clients requested a one-way-mirror (along with a bunch of tech) to run research groups. It is quite a long contract so we might be going ahead. A research group is where they introduce a product to a bunch of people and then watch them through the one-way-mirror from the adjacent room. The type of room is called a 'viewing room' (lots of results on google).

Anybody knows anything about glass requirements, etc. for such 'mirror'? From what I gather, it is basically about installing a sheet of glass and then putting a film on it? Surely it can't be simple window-glass due to health and safety?

Any advice would be appreciated!
kreutz

Sponsored Links
you may well want sound insulation so people in the viewing room can discuss the subjects.

Follow normal Building Regs for internal / partition glazing.

Depending on the situation these rooms are often used for child psychology observations - and children can throw things.

Camera and screen would be simpler to install and offer audio as well.
You get bunches of flowers, not rooms or people. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Yeah, they want that as well. I think they have some association that sets out their requirements that they then pass on to us.

I spoke to a builder today and he wants to know what grade of glass I should be using. I didn't even know that glass had grades! I suppose I need something that would pass health and safety, and at the same time would not let too much noise through.

Cheers,
kreutz

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back