Anybody used this stuff before?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm on a bit of a budget and have got some wall tiles and floor tiles to do. The area is a cloakroom size so not a massive area.

I was thinking of just getting a bag of this:

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/n...efview=lister&ts=1229872200220&isSearch=false

It should be fine for the wall, but If I can get away with it for the floor tiles then great, save me the pennies then. Although it doesn't state if its any good for wooden/Ply backed floors?

Or any other suggestions most welcome.

Cheers![/url]

Sponsored Links
I've never used it neds, but i can tell you that Buildfix is made by Mapei so it can't be that bad. It's not a rebadged version of Mapei's professional use adhesives and I would suggest that you use caution if you were thinking about using it to tile a ply covered floor.
As with anything, you get what you pay for and if you're planning on tiling onto ply then I would personally spend a bit extra and get a Bal flexible adhesive (rapiset flexible or single part flexible) and know that the job will be sound. Of course, you can use that Buildfix stuff for the walls, but as I have mentioned, err on the side of caution with timber floors.

Cheers gcol, I think I'll get a bag for just the walls at least it will be better than the gunk you get out of a tub!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back