Anyone any experience of Synerjy or Sheild?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just waiting for a few prices back for my windows and conservatory before I make a decision but one of the local family firms use synerjy for the windows and doors and sheild for the conservatory's

Has anyone used these makes as I've not heard of them so I wondered if they were any good or not??

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
no one?

just spoke to one of the window people in town and they said it's some of the cheapest stuff on the market and not to use it :confused: Not sure if that's just them saying it or if it's true

Yup it is one of the cheapest, doesnt mean it dont do want it says on the tin or that its rubbish.

Have used both of the products and one advantage is that the whole conny (windows and roof) will be made by the same company so will match.

The handles tend to be a bit flimsy (again made by same company)

So if your happy with the product and price go for it, I've had no come backs from the ones (conny's) I have built and that was over 5 years ago now.

cheers

had 3 prices back for windows and conservatory

Conservatory 4m x 3.5m Victorian style

Company 1 (synerjy&sheild) £9200
Company 2 (Make their own profile) £12400
Company 3 (Make their own profile) £15000

7 Windows, French doors

Company 1 (synerjy&sheild) £3000
Company 2 (Make their own profile) £4000
Company 3 (Make their own profile) £4700

Now I have to decide if the synerjy&sheild stuff will last a good 15 years + or if the other 2 really are better quality and worth paying the extra. I'd rather pay a bit more to get a good job done

Sponsored Links
Not saying they dont but not many companies 'make' their own profile, usaully brought in from larger well established companies that just make profiles as well as other plastic goods.

If you can get the make of profile, internally glazed? fully welded? steel reinforcement or ali? Shootbolt locking? I'll be able to tell you whether they are better than Synseal (Company that makes Synerjy and Sheild)

http://www.synseal.co.uk/indextrade.asp

Most window profiles will do the job for years to come but it comes down to the people who make that profile into a window and the fitters who put them in.

Not saying they dont but not many companies 'make' their own profile, usaully brought in from larger well established companies that just make profiles as well as other plastic goods.

If you can get the make of profile, internally glazed? fully welded? steel reinforcement or ali? Shootbolt locking? I'll be able to tell you whether they are better than Synseal (Company that makes Synerjy and Sheild)

http://www.synseal.co.uk/indextrade.asp

Most window profiles will do the job for years to come but it comes down to the people who make that profile into a window and the fitters who put them in.

thanks for the input

company1 (am I allowed to post their website link?)
internal glazing
fully welded
ali reinforcement
no shootbolt but has the secured by design accreditation

company2
external glazed, they say the tape is so strong you have to be internal to get he window out?
fully welded
steel reinforcement
shootbolt locks

will have to ring and ask them the make of the profile

thanks

ditched company 2

just found out that company 1 who will charge me £1700 more :evil: for the windows than the local firm which i am going to use uses the kommerling profile, exactly the same as what the local firm will use

just have to decide if i go kommerling or synseal now as the local firm fits both synseal and kommerling :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back