Anyone bought a splashback from www.alcoeng.co.uk ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for a 600 x 800 stainless steel splashback for my kitchen build. I was going to get a Screwfix one as they come recommended but they only do a 750 or 900 tall and I don't really want to pay extra for a 900 just to cut it down.

I've emailed alcoeng to find out what grade stainless they use on their 8mm splashbacks, whether it's built onto a backing board like the Screwfix one, what guarantee it comes with and if they've got any photos showing what the visual difference between the welded and none welded corner options are.

Just wondered if anyone had any experience of buying from them.

Sponsored Links
I had a good quick response by email yesterday:

Thank you for your enquiry.
Our 8mm Splashbacks are 1mm Stainless Steel mounted on MDF backing with the sides folded over. The attached picture shows a welded corner. An un-welded corner would mean the sides will still be folded but there will be a slight gap where the Stainless Steel doesn’t meet. Unfortunately I do not have a photo of this option.
Welded is the smarter option and generally used it the corners will be seen. If the Splashback is butting up next to tiles or being hidden then Un-welded will be fine for you.

So I phoned back today to find out the grade and warranty.

They use 430 grade stainless which I understand is used for kitchen sinks and the like so that's a good sign and they come with a 12-months guarantee.

Think I might order one. They are also in Devon (20 miles from us) but as their delivery is only £5.95 I'll probably just get it delivered considering the petrol prices.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back