Anyone done the BOHS p402 asbestos proficiency course

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Basically wondered if anyone on here has done the BOHS p402 asbestos course, I have got to do it in Jan and wondered how hard the written exam is at the end, any advise from someone that has done it would be great fully received. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Bit difficult to answer - if you know the subject you'll not find it a problem but as with any other exam go in with average knowledge and you'll be struggling in some areas.

Just pay attention and you'll be alright.

I did the asbestos awareness and later on an asbestos operatives course, both passable for anyone with half a brain.

The national grid competant persons card was harder :eek:

Sponsored Links
Basically wondered if anyone on here has done the BOHS p402 asbestos course, I have got to do it in Jan and wondered how hard the written exam is at the end, any advise from someone that has done it would be great fully received. Thanks
Just wondering how you got on ,i,ve just been told out of the blue i got to do and pass course this week ! Gulp!

Written exam was the worse bit, use hsg 264 and should be ok, had a couple of questions about using power tools that we hadn't covered in training and also some CDM regs :rolleyes: probably one of the hardest exams I have ever done but managed 73% and I thought I had done ****e during the exam. Good luck mate, still got the surveys to do yet though :D

OK, when you pass the P402 course they say you have to do two surveys within 6 months of passing. How do you go about doing these two surveys if noone will take you on untill you have your P402 cert. :confused:

Hi, I am an approved trainer for the BOHS P402.

A little advice. BOHS require the submission of 2 surveys within 3 months of receiving the letter advising you of a pass to the Exam and Assessment.

You could survey your own house and one of your friends houses. You really need to find asbestos for the reports so look for houses build pre-2000, paying particular attention to garden buildings, garages etc.

HSG 246 provides a detailed list of what a survey should include. If you have any problems, search BIACS asbestos from any web browser. They will help.

Regarding the Exam, easy if you pay attention to the course. 40 short answer questions, 4 points per question, you need 50% to pass and you have 2 hours to do it in.

Good luck

Hi, i am will like to ask you guys if you know how can i get some past paper of exam P402? My second question is, if learn all this on the syllabus that i am ok in the exams?

Thnks
Valentinos

Sponsored Links
Back