Training course donated

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been running an online charity auction which has went very well.

However, we were very kindly donated an Asbestos Awareness Training course, but to be perfectly honest, I'm not quite sure how to market it, "sell" it or whatever you want to call it.

This is the details of it:

CNM Training Solution Limited has very kindly donated a Basic Asbestos Awareness Training (Level 1) Course, complying to the requirements of ACOP L143 and Regulation 10.

The course is for up to 15 delegates and will be held in Darlington.

It is a half day course.

Valued at: £550 plus VAT

Anybody have any ideas how I could offer this up? Or does anyone know of any companies that would be interested in it?

We're not looking for the full value for it - but any reasonable offer would be marvellous.

Sponsored Links
i dont know who would use it, perhaps the local council etc, but depending on your charity, (being newsworthy unfortunately) what about contacting local radio in Darlington to see if they would advertise it for you

Isnt there anything else the company could donate?

For example, Warburtons have contributed two bikes in the past, to our internal staff fund raising events. At one such "gala evening", a bike was won by the regional manager in the raffle, and he then auctioned it off, to raise yet more money!

I f you google asbestos awareness traing Alison you'll find a whole lot of trades that require the certification.

Sponsored Links
Good thinking kirkgas. I'll find out what radio station is there and give them the story to see if they'll advertise it for us.

Steve, they donated lots of other things as well, including money - that was an added "bonus" for us.

Bolo, do you think it would be worth just e-mailing trades in the area and asking them if they'd be interested? We've been trying to collate a list of trades in that area.

Just don't wanna look cheeky!!! :LOL:

Good thinking kirkgas. I'll find out what radio station is there and give them the story to see if they'll advertise it for us.

Steve, they donated lots of other things as well, including money - that was an added "bonus" for us.

Bolo, do you think it would be worth just e-mailing trades in the area and asking them if they'd be interested? We've been trying to collate a list of trades in that area.

Just don't wanna look cheeky!!! :LOL:

Alison, you are collecting for a charity close to you so you are not being cheeky and asking for yourself, PS what is the charity?

Staffordshire Bull Terrier rescues. I help run probably the biggest Staffy club there is and it's heart rending to see how many are in rescue through no fault of their own so we've been doing some fundraising.

Started off small with getting members to pay a small fee to enter the monthly photo competition - got about £300 doing that, then bright spark here thought of doing an auction. It's been hard work but all my begging to companies paid off and we've raised about £900 though not all the money is in yet.

We will be splitting the money between more than one rescue - and although generally it is Stafford rescues we donate to, there are so many Staffs in rescue that you could donate to a general rescue and still know you're helping Staffords.

Hi Alison

As well as radio, try contacting a few asbestos removal companies from Yellow Pages in your area. They may or may not be interested, but should let you know of a likely outlet for this course.

Good luck. My neighbour's Staffie recently passed away. I used to walk him when the neighbour went on hols. Really good temprament, and very affectionate (the dog, not my neighbour!)

Ian

try calling checkatrade they are always doing stuff like this and would probably contact all their advertisers to see if they are interested

Thanks everyone - your suggestions are all good. I'm looking at Checkatrade just now as well.

And your poor neighbour - I've not had to go through losing a dog but I can't imagine how upsetting it is.

If ever your neighbour feels ready to have another Staffy, there are lots in rescue needing homes.

Sponsored Links
Back