Anyone familiar with this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
73E76D46-F8EA-4058-87E3-6E0E0B1C6733.jpeg
I’m helping my brother do some work in his house and we were wondering if anyone could explain this? It has the flow and returns from 2x fires, solar panels, kerosene boiler, underfloor heating, cylinder coil and radiators all going into it..
do they all share the same water or are there lots of coils in this thing?
I attached a photo so I hope it ahows

Sponsored Links
Never seen that before!
Wonder is it some sort of neutraliser for all heat outputs to connect to?

6B68D96C-84E4-4C66-A733-986332EA65BE.jpeg
Possibly aye.. there is a neutralizer on the other side of the house for another 2 fires and cylinder..

Do you think it’s all the same big system from 1 tank feeding the water to all of it? (Each side of the house has a kerosene boiler and a tank in loft ‍♂️

Sponsored Links
All the appliances are circulating the same water with a neutraliser.
Without tracing the pipes it is difficult to tell it there are one or two systems.

All the appliances are circulating the same water with a neutraliser.
Without tracing the pipes it is difficult to tell it there are one or two systems.

hey terrywookfit, what do you mean one or two systems? I have traced the pipes and they are the following:
F&R living room fire
F&R kitchen fire
F&R solar panels
F&R under floor heating
F&R hw cylinder coil
F&R kerosene boiler
F&R for radiators.
Do you think these all share a feed from the same header tank and use the same Vent pipe to the roof? (None are pressurised systems). Access is terrible to check the loft I can barely get my head up through the hatch (n)

There’s one big tank in the loft which I think is for the hw cylinder and a small header tank which is what I think feeds all the flows and returns..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back