Anyone grown any massive veg ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just browsing some old photos and came across some of my veg pics from a few years back. Couple of giant beetroot, some cabbage, a cucumber and a few marrows. The beetroot are alongside a cherry tomato and a normal tomato to show the scale. Anyone else got any to share feel free to post.

Sponsored Links
_IGP0684.jpg

I find comfrey and nettle tea is good for growing veggies like this. An old barrel of water into which choped comfrey and nettles are dropped and left to brew up , and when it starts to smell like an open sewer then start putting it on the plants they love it. :D

Sponsored Links
I've got the opposite. Nowt! Nothing at all. Actually not entirely true - had 3 sweetcorn cobs and a couple of shallots, but everything else has failed to fruit completely. Worst offender being the Butternut squashes that haven't even had the decency to send out flowers it's been that cold and wet up here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back