Anyone have a Renault Scenic Automatic about 2002 ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If so where is the oil filler dip stick? I want to check the oil level!

Easier question, what is the button to right of gear shift like a snow flake? Limited slip diff?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Did you have any success dipstick wise after your December 14th post, Tony?
The snowflake symbol is a form of traction control.....when the wheels start to slip, the ignition is retarded a bit to reduce power. Modern systems actually use the ABS system to apply a brake to the spinning wheel, but no such luck on yours.
Similarly, the luxury of a limited slip diff is only in the dreams too!
John :)

No luck with dipstick!

Seen lots of posts asking but no answers!

It has some kind of electronic level control with an "Oil OK" at startup.

Surely they have not done away with a dipstick? How can you look at the colour and see the actual level???

Tony

Tony cannot help but wonder why you don't simply call into a Renault dealership and ask one of their mechanics!

Sponsored Links
It'll have one, right enough.....or at least the tube where the missing stick should be :eek:
I always thought they were at the front of the engine, just left of centre.
John :)

Or try the specific Renault forums if you haven't already. They should be able to tell you I'd have thought.

ETA I think they suffer from the French car thing of broken dipsticks, so it may have broken and the other part been lost.

On the 2006 Clio, the dipstick was integral with the oil filler cap! But it did have an electronic level check on start-up as well. Only the French .............

Back