Anyone In London Looking For Work? Easy Job - Pay Cash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I just need a radiator fitted in one of our upstairs bedrooms - we would need to run new pipework and drain the system

what should i expect to pay and is anyone available to do the job?

We live in north london

Sponsored Links
£300-£800 depending on pipe runs and associated work..

What is easy for you to see as a finished product, can be a minefield for the installer...

Eh? Is it not drain system, run pipework and refill system???

The floor is up - was hoping it would take one day max and therefore £120ish

Sponsored Links
No, I would get 3 quotes and take it from there.

I don't give breakdowns, I give a fixed and final quote, take it or leave it.

Andy

and what happens if the pipe sizes are in adequate for the extra radiator, and who are you going to call when the radiator stops working because the pressure has dropped at the boiler?

Really just because you see it as straight forward and we make things look easy it doesn't mean it is.

of course you could pay your £120 and then issues develop and you blame the plumber..

I think what people need to realise here is that its not just a simple case of cutting a length of pipe slapping a few pushfits on,topping up the system and away you go.

Like with everything else you get what you pay for but with this type of work if you pay little it usually ends up costing you more in the long run to get it put right.

I like people that go for the cheapest quote as I have been to many to put the job right.

Sorry, let me re-phrase that last post,

The wife likes people that go for the cheapest quote.

so you have bought flux solder screws plugs clips ptfe various tools blowlamp gas etc etc or do you expect that all to be included in the 120 quid also what time will you be avialable to pick the guy up in your car and drop him off home again ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back