anyone know about boilers!!!(condensing)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i bought a house in november and its got a condensor boiler?? made by potterton i think.

the previous owner never had the heating on for about a year or so , but had the boiler serviced annually.

we have just put the boiler on to give us central heating and hot water and its been running ok for about 2 weeks ... however my father in law poped round the house the other day and he said the boiler was making funny nosies and kept turning off?

he took his nieghbour round whos a plumber and he checked it out as much as could as hes not condenser boiler q'd and he thinks it not getting any water??

there is water in the tank in the loft but this isnt getting into the boiler, there is also a leak somewhere too!!!

anyone got any idea whats going on as its doing my nut.

we arent living in the house at the moment as we are out in cyprus .

cheers

steve

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the cold feed is blocked, or even the cold feed gate valve turned off if it hasn't been used for ages.

he took his nieghbour round whos a plumber and he checked it out as much as could as hes not condenser boiler q'd and he thinks it not getting any water??

If that means qualified, it means he is not qualified at all. There is no separate qualification for condensing boilers.
Funny noises + open vent = flow problem in 90-odd percent of cases.
FAQs will get you well on the way

Sponsored Links
If you seriously want it sorted out then you need to get a proper CORGI boiler engineer ( not a plumber ) to repair the system.

Might well be a blocked feed pipe.

The seller of the property is potentially responsible if he did not say the heating was not operating properly.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back