Glow-Worm Flexicom Condensing Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had a new central heating boiler fitted. (A Glow-worm Flexicom Condensing boiler 18hx) When the boiler fires up and comes on for a either the water or the heating it shoots about half a pint of water out of the round flue on the out side of the house landing on the path. When the Plummer came back to look he was not sure and I was wondering if any of you clever readers had any idea?
Peter
:?:

Sponsored Links
Can you check the angle of the flue fairly accurately and compare this with the figure given in the installation instructions.

I once found a flue with a deformed casting which enabled a few drops of water to gather near the end but not run back down the ( inclined ) pipe.

I suspect your installer may not have fitted the flue at the right angle. Is he CORGI registered?

Tony

It sounds like you are right about the angle of the flue as mine is coming out at right angles with no slope. He is Corgi registered so I sure he will correct it. Thank for coming back to me
Regards :)

Sponsored Links
What is the required angle stipulated in the installation instructions?

Many should be horizontal as they have a built in slope on the internal tube.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back