New Glow worm Flexicom Anyopne used and or have comments?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New Glow worm Flexicom Anyopne used and or have comments?

Will this have any relavance to Vaillant? It hardly makes much sense to have differing boiler parts!

Sponsored Links
I have heard of glowworm they make boilers

I have also heard of flexcon they make expansion vessels

never heard of a glowworm flexcon boiler though :)

very basic boiler cheap version of xi range ali heat exchanger no off/on switch but does have rear flue option only been out since april so had no feed back about problems yet

I am ever so sorry

Just read about this boiler in PHAM, until now I had never heard of it

Gas geezer is spot on

:oops:

Sponsored Links
Hi,
yes have fitted a couple of these; an open vent boiler to replace an old wall hung baxi wm into an existing space which no other boiler i could find on the market would fit,
and a 30cx combi which was also very neat and compact, the only one to fit in the space under a worktop replacing an old vulcan boiler with associated
alterations.
both were the rear flue options within the case of the boiler; excellent package more manufacturers should do it.
first one worked fine, but had an intermittent explosive ignition problem with the combi one on the day of commissioning it; am waiting for glow worm engineer to sort it out under warranty and will let you know if it gets done ok... customers are ok about it at the moment but will start to get a bit ****ed off if he doesnt fix it on his visit...
javascript:emoticon(':rolleyes:')
Rolling Eyes

Just don't believe the advertising about it fitting in kitchen units - the images show the boilers fitted within a 400mm cabinet - can't be done - no room for the door hinges and unit sides. Some 500 units maybe.

a mate of mine has fitted loads. says , no problems.not a bad basic combi. use a programmable room stat and cheap job sorted.

The advantage of this model is that its the only condensing boiler with a rear exit flue that neens NO space above the boiler for a flue elbow.

The flue can exit to the rear but NOT to the side !

Tony

Have fitted 4 now, only problem is two had explosive ign.Turns out problem with electrode arcing on h/exch. glow-worm fitted modified electrode no probs since.Also there is polystyrene packer fitted on front case which can lead to noise from fan vibrating to casing scapping this off will cure excessive fan noise.

im not a fan of glow worm full stop. Its the back up that im not taken on with. Charging 50p/min for technical help and they won't repair out of warranty boilers. So im sorry i will stay well clear of glow worm. The boilers might be that bad but the service is sh*te.

I like my alpha boilers and i know vaillant own glow worm but the vaillant side of things is good. Apart from long queing on the technical phones but at least they don't charge 50p / min.

The Glow Worm technical help number is an 01773 number ! The Sonya Duval number was a 50p/min and was one of the reasons I have always been very negative towards their boilers coupled with them always leaking.

The main ones which charge 10p/min are Alpha, Ariston and Baxi !!!

There is a nice list of numbers here:-

http://www.plumbase.co.uk/techHelp.asp

Tony

Agile said:
The Glow Worm technical help number is an 01773 number ! The Sonya Duval number was a 50p/min and was one of the reasons I have always been very negative towards their boilers coupled with them always leaking.

The main ones which charge 10p/min are Alpha, Ariston and Baxi !!!

There is a nice list of numbers here:-

http://www.plumbase.co.uk/techHelp.asp

Tony

yeah it was protherm/ sainer duval which i class as glow worm. I suppose it depends on what people are familar to ... As for the best boiler out on the market, i would say Viessmann are top dog IMO. then vaillant, worcester and alpha are also a good boilers too.

Just replying to the last posts corgiman, lets hope they never went for the glow worm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back