New Glow worm Flexicom Anyopne used and or have comments?

I agree about past glowworm products, and would not have gone for one on those recent jobs except that they were the only ones with a rear exit flue within the casing where no other boilers would fit at all, normally i go for baxi or alpha since have never had a fault in warranty on any of over a hundred between them (mostly 105e baxis), whereas this bloody glowworm failed in the first hour before the job was even finished; i hate that cos it makes you look stupid for suggesting one, and you dont get finished and paid on time....
turns out it was just the igniter probe causing the problem, which has now been replaced by glow-worm foc, but i wasnt about to start taking it apart when it should be down to them
regarding other boilers (micky p) am not so sure about vaillant as have had a few warranty dramas with the ecomax rubber hose between the pump/heatexch bursting, emptying contents of heating system into the casing of the boiler, pcb, etc for no good reason. also went off worcester after trouble replacing diverter valves in the old cdi's and never quite dare go back since...
i may be just hopeful, but i like a boiler to pass through its warranty period at least without giving trouble. if you cleanse/inhibit the system properly those baxi combis are so trouble-free i have found.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

first one worked fine, but had an intermittent explosive ignition problem with the combi one on the day of commissioning it; am waiting for glow worm engineer to sort it out under warranty and will let you know if it gets done ok... customers are ok about it at the moment but will start to get a bit p****d off if he doesnt fix it on his visit...
javascript:emoticon(':rolleyes:')
Rolling Eyes

What does the explosive ignition problem sound like? my boiler sounds like it has a boy racer's car inside it with the base turned up enough to crumble your bones..... is this explosive ignition? If it is a known fault do the manufacturers replace for free?

I hope you realise you have added to a thread over two years ago.

Your problems may well arise from an incorrect installation!

Explosive ignition is only a bang when it first lights and not a continuing noise.

Was it fitted by a competent CORGI? Did he complete the Benchmark certificate?

If so then why dont you call him back first?

If its an installation fault then the manufacturers may charge if you call them under the warrantee.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I have just disconnected the condensate pipe outside and water poured out problem with the boiler solved..... now i need to sort the soakaway.

Yes the CORGI fitter did fit fill in the benchmark, not the original installer though. Although he did not fit the soakaway this was done in February this year by the original builder after the gas system in the house was condemned by a CORGI inspector.... my legal claim continues.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back