Anyone know if a seal fits this rebate please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a strange rebate in both the front and side door frames, it looks like it might be designed to take a seal of some sort does anyone recognise it and know what it is called please?

I have the external brush pile pinned around the front door at present but the pins protrude into the recess and it doesn't look all that smart.

As a guide a bit of garden hose fits in the recess loosely so I figure the recess is about 20mm in dia.

Just hoping there is a purpose made excluder for this profile.

Thanks.
Rather scruffy sketch attached!:)
Seal.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
gap.JPG
Thanks for looking foxhole but it looks like they are a trade manufactures site in Nürnberg rather than a retail one.

Just for the hell of it I have posted a picture on the off chance it rings any bells.

I thought some chippy might recognise it and "name that profile", a bit of a long shot I suppose even if it was available in the 30's it's unlikely to be around still, but a weird shape though don't you think for a door frame?

If all else fails it's back to the Stormguard stuff I guess.

What was wrong with your cord sample, was it that it wouldn't compress enough for the door to shut?

What was wrong with your cord sample, was it that it wouldn't compress enough for the door to shut?
Yes, I had about two inches as a sample, but even that small bit took quite a push on the door to compress it.

Would it be out the question to maybe put a leading edge chamfer around the door to help it close?

Would it be out the question to maybe put a leading edge chamfer around the door to help it close?
Good point but unfortunately a bit too late, I have fitted a new half glazed oak door and finished it in four coats of Sadolin clear coat can't face taking a router to it to be honest!:(
I was just looking for a nice simple job of pushing in a strip of seal standing back and admiring the result;)
It's never that simple is it:(
Never mind looks like I will scrub round the idea and got a normal seal. At least it is the side door so not a focal point.
Thanks to you all for your help and suggestions it's much appreciated. (y)

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back