Trying to locate JSIF Instafit Joinery Seal Strip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, I have a draught sealing strip installed within a rebated door frame to front and rear property entrances.
It's a rubber "wiper" like profile which I've tracked down to being JSIF Instafit strip ( as per this product profile: http://www.exitex.com/Joinery/JItemInfo.aspx?PartRef=1.10.170.&referral=jsjsftw ).

It's been overpainted by look of it and the rubber has lost much of it's orioginal form due to the paint making it less flexible meaning it's not sealing as well as it could.

So I'm looking to buy a small amount - only need around 5 meters - anyone have any ideas as all the online suppliers are only selling 150mtr rolls at around £150 !

I've considered other press in replacements but the rebate is 5mm wide and 8 mm deep which seems oversized for the offerings from most other vendors... and I really don't want to go the self adhesive route as believe a rebated and inserted seal will provide preferable results both functionally as well as aesthetically.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back