Double rebate composite door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently in the processes of starting to obtain quotes to replace the windows and front door in our porch and we have seen a double rebate composite door that we like the look of.
It is more of a modern/contemporary style with just the keyhole and a long stainless bar handle.

Having spoken to one glazing company, they have said they are not supplying them in that configuration at present as it can prove almost impossible to open the door without a normal handle, as the double seal makes it harder to open/close and lock.

This is only one company has mentioned this, but he was quite honest about it so I guess it is a valid concern.

Has anyone on here had similar issues or if this is instead potentially a fitting issue, and there should not really be a problem otherwise you wouldn't be able to spec a door with this set up?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Can you not get the same door in a single rebate?
I haven't fitted a double rebate composite (hundreds of normal ones though) so I don't know but it sounds like he may have a valid concern.

Porch's can be quite air tight and create suction when opening and closing doors

Thanks. I believe they are double rebate only, and it is the only door one of them fit (Apeer) after they stopped selling Solidoors.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back