Anyone know what to do with a ScaleBuster?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just found a magnetic device in a cupboard with "Scalebuster" written on it. I'm guessing that it's some form of de-scaler for mains water pipes. I attach a couple of images.
Does anyone know how it's supposed to be used?
https://imgur.com/a/UEINHpt
UEINHpt

Sponsored Links
It's just an ornament, of no practical value.

Sponsored Links
Was there any scale around it in the cupboard? It's worth more if still working.

For the OP. I believe the idea is to clip it around your incoming water pipe. The magnets inside somehow help to break the scale down by disturbing the magnetic properties which allow it to form in the first place. No idea if they work but, going by the previous comments, I suspect not.

For the OP. I believe the idea is to clip it around your incoming water pipe. The magnets inside somehow help to break the scale down by disturbing the magnetic properties which allow it to form in the first place. No idea if they work but, going by the previous comments, I suspect not.
Thanks for that. Yes it seems to have caused much mirth here but I was really no wiser re. what to do with it. I've since found similar devices advertised on the web, but have no idea whether any of them have any merit. The one that I found must have been bought by the previous owner of my house (we moved in many years ago), but wasn't actually connected to a pipe - just lying at the back of the downstairs coat cupboard.

Sponsored Links
Back