Anyone knows where I can get a Randal 3033 Timer Controller.

[Terminal 1 of the programmer is linked to terminal 1 of the terminal block. T2 Prog to T2 Block and so on to T8. Terminal block positions 9, 10 & 11 are hot linked to the programmer.
That's what I thought; but you can't be too careful, particularly when advising remotely. ;)

Right, here goes (some of this is tidying up, i.e using correct colours where possible):

Turn the power off

At Programmer
Disconnect Brown, Blue and G/Y fromT1, T2 and T3

Connect Blue to T1 and Brown to T2. (Green/Yellow is not required so it should be made safe - insulating tape or terminal block.)

At Terminal Block
Disconnect Brown from T1, G/Y from T2 and Blue from T3 (cable from programmer)
Connect Blue to T1 and Brown to T2. Green/Yellow is not required so it should be made safe - insulating tape or terminal block)

At T603a Thermostat
Disconnect all wires
Make the G/Y safe
Install the new DT90E Thermostat
Connect Brown to A
Connect Blue to B with some red sleeve or insulating tape round it to show it is switched live

At terminal block
Disconnect the cable from the thermostat (T2=G/Y, T3=Blue, T10=Brown)
Reconnect Brown to T2
Reconnect Blue to T10 with red sleeve/insulating tape
Make the G/Y safe

Turn Power ON

Job Done

D_Hailsham; Thats fantastic;your a star.

I'm off to the local merchants in the morning to get the DT90e. I was waiting for confirmation of its suitability given my wiring arrangement. Will post on progress.

Once again many thanks and regards,

Benny.

Sponsored Links
Everything went to plan. :D :D

Room stat working fine with factory settings. Haven't had a chance to look at the advanced options, probably best left at default.

A special thank you to D_Hailsham, without his help I couldn't have sorted this lot.

Kind regards,

Benny.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back