Anyone lost a ladder?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This afternoon there was a nice two section ali adder about 2.5 m long across the inside lane of the M1.

I wondered how I could retrieve it for 3 seconds. But there was no hard shoulder and all four lanes were busy.

Then a Merc ran over it!

About 300 m further on there was a transit marked "Flat roof solutions"! stopped half onto the verge!

Sponsored Links
I hit a ladder on the dual carriageway once, luckily I went over it square on lengthways over every rung with the passenger side wheels of the car! There was a bit of a rumble but no damage thankfully!

It was a ladder and not a 2.5 m adder!

Since it was two sections it would have been virtually the clearance height of my little Peugeot 106.

Luckily the Merc that ran over it was a large car and he had braked before running over it. As it was at an angle he only ran over it with OS wheels.

I was thinking that had I run over it then it would have seriously damaged my car but probably not that Merc.

My thoughts ran to how I could have claimed the costs from the owners.

They stopped but I don't know how long for! There could have been serious police charges and it could easily have caused an accident from people swerving to miss it!

Sponsored Links
I found a sledge hammer in the road once :eek: As a good citizen I stopped and took it home - it would have been nasty if a car ran over it

Back