Anyone recognise this Bristan shower mixer model?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

Anyone know what the model in the attachment is? I thought it was a 1901 but doesnt have the raised front on it behind the bezel.
I'm trying to get to the valve but cannot get the handle to budge. If i remove the ceramic part by unscrewing the cap, there is a long threaded screw, but it wont budge and i don't want to force it.

Once identified, i hope to be able to find out the right way to get the valve out.

Thanks for any info you can share. Unit is apparently 3years old but i cannot find anything similar on the www.

thanks in advance any ideas how to get into it.

Steve28

Attachments

• GetAttachmentThumbnail.jpg
    GetAttachmentThumbnail.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 356
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
see if the lever unscrews,it might give access to a retaining grub screw :cautious:

Hi Guys
Many thanks for the responses. Yep its a colonial 2 by the look of it.

Now, I just need someone to confirm I have to remove the handle in order to get at the grub screw then pull the front off the unit. From there I can get a spanner on the valve.

I tried to remove the handle per above but it wont budge. I can soak it in scale remover etc if thats the way in?

I will try Bristan direct as well.

thanks again.

OK, Thanks Denso13 and JohnD.
Can either of you confirm that the lever screw comes out normally i.e. anti CW? or CW? The one I have seems to be seized and I dont want to force it unless i,m certain which way it will undo. I mailed Bristan as suggested, but dont expect a response till monday.

thanks again.

Looking at the installation manual (pages 25-26), I'd be "unscrewing" the lever (ie ccw). If you have some killrock gel put that on it but I reckon it needs a firm hand. I changed flow cartridges on a Trevi outline the other day and the back half of the old cartridges had decoupled from the front through age, heat and limescale... I had to break the remnants into little pieces with needlenose pliers and remove them in bits... It was like playing the old MB game "Operation", when I was a kid :sick:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back