Anyone recognise this wallpaper?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As we've got a few rips in piece of wallpaper I wondered how tricky it would be to steam off a section (end piece) and replace? Dopes anyone recognise the pattern/style or know where I'm likely to find a replacement roll? I know the colour may not match 100% as it'll be a different batch but it'll look better it currently does I'm sure.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
In the meantime, it may be worth sending a couple of pictures of the damaged area. While we're waiting for a response for the original question, we may come up with some ideas how to repair the damage if you can't get any more paper.

Brilliant news.... I've hunt the shed and found the matching paper in B&Q! So here is a sample the ripped off for me in the shop.

The second picture I've put the end of the tape measure on the join so you can see how long the piece is. It slightly wraps around the wall to the left too as you can see in the pic.

Do you think it'll be possible for me to replace this piece with relative ease? If so, how would you go about it?
The damage was cause by the previous owners who had a cat that clearly liked to claw the textured wallpaper.

Thanks.

To repair it you have to splice it in over the top. Cut the new piece 10mm bigger than you need. paste the new piece up, let it soak and place it over the damaged piece. With a sharp stanley or preferably a razor blade or the smaller 9mm stanley, cut through both pieces of paper making sure you cut round the damaged area. Remove excess. Remove top piece of paper. Remove existing damaged paper. Place your new piece of paper back onto the wall. You will need firm pressure when cutting through and be careful to do it in one pass, try and use a straight edge. Hope that made sense!

Sponsored Links
Brilliant! Like this...
Or are there any changes you'd make to this technique?

Will I be easy to remove the existing piece of damaged paper? Any tips? Any tips on which paste to use for such a small area?

Thanks.

His technique in the video is fine, just a variation on a theme really, he has a pattern to match. Guess it does make it a bit easier to remove the damaged pice first. Either way is fine. You would most likely get away with it if you bought a small tub of border adhesive

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back