lincrusta wallpaper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to match existing wallpaper, that I am told is lincrusta.
Not sure what the style is, but it has 8" square repeating pattern.
Any one knows how I can get hold of 1 roll rather tahn having to remove all the rest and replace?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
you`ll need to go to a decorating centre, dulux etc.
it`ll be exspensive though and you`ll have to order it in. don`t know how long it will take.

Lincrusta is made by Crown. There were a lot of patterns at the turn of the century and a lot have now been discontinued. The Lincrustra brand is now owned by Akzo Noble, who make Sikkens etc. Go into a Crown decorator center and look in their books. The rolls are about 8" across as they are made of putty. They have a safety edge on them that has to be hand trimmed. Once cut to size you have to soak the backing with hot water until it becomes pliable and then use a ready mixed adhesive to put it up.

Hi following on from my request and search for this type of paper.
Here is a photo i took.Can any one identify it or point me in the right dir, where I can get a roll.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Got a feeling you might be out of luck with that pattern. There were lot of them discontinued a few years ago and they seemed to only keep the traditional ones for dado's and friezes etc. Really need to go to a crown depot and check the books. All crown papers had an RD number on them to identify them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back