Anyone tried these?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had 2 roughneck board carriers for a long time now and most of the time I have used plasterboard I have had a mate with me, and we have carried the boards from the van to the job with the board carriers. I have been doing this renovation job on my own for the last few weeks and have had to carry 8'x4' sheets from my van and into the house and up the stairs to the room I am working in. And I have used my board lifter and carried all the sheets in. So the point I am making is to all you lads out there who are working on your own and struggling with boards is to get one of these "roughnecks" (Screwfix do them) and you will be surprised how easy they make our lives. ;) Anyone use them ?

I will put some photos in my "Album" of the renovation job....

Sponsored Links
Never used them at all Roy, but anything that makes life easier is a bonus. ;)
Been looking at the pics in your album. That's very neat stonework you've built there.

Cheers mucka I like doing stone work as I have said before all my work is private and most of my customers (as I expect yours would aswell) can't see how the finished product will look and I generally talk them through what it will look like and get a free hand at doing it.
Get yourself one of those board carriers mucka ,you wont believe how easy they make carrying a board...

Sponsored Links
can't find the pic in your album mate but found them on the screwfix site:

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do;j...ton.x=0&searchbutton.y=0&searchbutton=submit#

always wondered about board carriers like these as most the time i work on my own so 8x4's can be a bit of a struggle, guess once you've loaded the board onto the carrier it's nice and easy.

and easy to get boards up stairwells on one of these too?

Yes dead easy to get up stairs,I had to carry the boards up a flight of stairs and then turn around onto a half landing and into the room ,No bother at all ;)

Personally I carry boards using a tool called a trowhawk. Anyone heard of it? ;)

Personally I carry boards using a tool called a trowhawk. Anyone heard of it? ;)

I have a vague recolection of such a product, some say there was once a lengthy thread, a thread so long the plastering forum had never seen such a lengthy thread, although i have spent countless seconds searching for it, the evidence is not here to suppost that claim.

I have a vague recolection of such a product, some say there was once a lengthy thread, a thread so long the plastering forum had never seen such a lengthy thread, although i have spent countless seconds searching for it, the evidence is not here to suppost that claim.

Dreamer Nothin' but a Dreamer you must be imagining it mucka
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Dreamer Nothin' but a Dreamer you must be imagining it mucka
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;)

damn it, seem as if i am fastly loosing my mind, i even dreamed i posted on the afformentioned thread. oh well :LOL: :LOL:

Alas there was such lengthy thread but it got removed but im back not as a enemy of this forum but to discuss topics along side you all i must add the trowhawk is alive and kicking but ive never used it for carring boards but i suppose it would be strong enough to lift them because its british made all i ask you to do is support that comment and lets put the great back in britain by the way it is good for cutting the tops of plaster bags also. posted by jimfish

Alas there was such lengthy thread but it got removed but im back not as a enemy of this forum but to discuss topics along side you all i must add the trowhawk is alive and kicking but ive never used it for carring boards but i suppose it would be strong enough to lift them because its british made all i ask you to do is support that comment and lets put the great back in britain by the way it is good for cutting the tops of plaster bags also. posted by jimfish

Fair play to you jimfish, I wish you continued success.

Has anyone ever heard "Step Right Up" by Tom Waits? I think it would be a great addition to your campaign - except Waits never allows his music to be used for commercials.

Here's one version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAx2vMRXskQ

i been thinking about your device jimfish, and just for feedback purposes, if they were priced at ten quid to my door i thnk i would take a punt on one.

Joking apart, I may well have a go with one of them things jimfish sells. If it don't work out too well, I'm sure there'll be other things to use it for

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back