Anything cheaper or better than Watertite?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I plan on using Watertite on the walls of a moldy basement but it costs £65 / 5kg. I can see a few alternatives like Technoseal but they don't advertise as anti-mold. I also found a few negative reviews of Watertite.

The floor is made of stone slabs that are always damp. Replacing the it isn't an option so I believe I'm supposed to just seal it with polyurethane or epoxy rather than tanking slurry.

The walls aren't running with water either, so I'm under the impression that tanking slurry is also overkill for the walls.

It's a small basement and only to be used for storage and occasional diy.

Sponsored Links
Thanks. I'd ruled out tanking because I thought a fillet seal isn't possible with a stone floor. I was just going to use Watertite sealant where the wall meets the floor.

What would happen if I did this? Will the fillet seal resist crumbling due to water under the slabs?

BTdATMpk_o.jpg

Sponsored Links
I know that's what I'm supposed to use for the join to the floor but I was told I can't use tanking slurry over the stone slabs because they'll just crumble. Will the fillet seal crumble if it's next to the slabs and epoxy?

I know that's what I'm supposed to use for the join to the floor but I was told I can't use tanking slurry over the stone slabs because they'll just crumble. Will the fillet seal crumble if it's next to the slabs and epoxy?

tank behind the fillet, and epoxy upto the wall behind the fillet

you shouldnt tank or epoxy on top of the fillet

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back