Apex

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
F0E38482-F6C4-40BE-8D95-B0C52FC842E0.jpeg
Know nothing about roofing so hopefully someone can help. We have a massive gap appear on the front apex and presuming mortar/cement has fallen out. This is affecting both sides and now birds have entered the gap as well. What do we need to fix and how much will it cost.

Sponsored Links
As I said not a roofing expert so it’s the front of the house which I presumed is the apex wrongly and on the fifth brick up is a gap where the black lining or whatever that maybe has pulled away from the brick. This goes up to the top of the roof. Maybe that’s the apex. There is a gap as we can see the birds flying in and out. Anyway got nhbc coming out.

Sponsored Links
Its a slate roof very poorly slated looking at the projection, I would think anything is possible...

If it is a new house ,less than 2 years old, NHBC will expect the builder to fix it. Put the complaint about the defect in writing to the builder and keep a copy.

Hardly massive. A blob of silicone will sort that out, but the difficulty will be in getting a ladder long enough.

So a claim has been validated Apparently need to rake out and repoint eroded mortar to both verges on front gable and remove and refit the dry verge to facilitate the works. Will be the whole left hand side and some of right hand side in total 6.7m so I'm told. Would anyone know how long that should take approx and a very approx price please.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back