Apollo fanfare Boiler

O

oompah

I have the above mentioned boiler installed in the house when built back in 1987 its been no problem serviced every year,the thing is my next door neigbour had the same and the fan packed up on it she was told that it was obsolete and had to get a new boiler which she did,is this the case and if so what type should i look for when mine decides to give up the ghost.The house as three beds,bathroom towel rad,hall rad,kitchen,and a small diner,similar size lounge, 8 rads in all.

Sponsored Links
Depending on the model of Fanfare I think your poor neighbour may have been conned. :rolleyes:

What is the exact model of your boiler?

Would say Still aviallabe but cost upwards of 150 quid ,cheaper than new boiler Apollo is a good boiler to keep

I went to a fanfare which needed one a little while ago. Parts center gave us a price of £300.

Sponsored Links
giblets said:
Depending on the model of Fanfare I think your poor neighbour may have been conned. :rolleyes:

What is the exact model of your boiler?
The instructions /maintainace booklet are for the 15/30 and 30/50 apart from that is it likely tobe written on boiler.

Parts Center are showing a retail price of £370 +VAT :eek:

But cheaper than a new boiler.

OK, thanks for that ,will look at the price when the time comes.

oompah said:

When the time comes you will probably find you are too late. I can source them still for just under 220.

ollski said:
oompah said:

When the time comes you will probably find you are too late. I can source them still for just under 220.
If it ain`t broke don`t fix it

Might be worth oiling the bearings with engine oil to prolong its life a little.

This is a case when I might even consider a reconditioned unit with such an absurd price.

The actual motor ( Sifan ? ) is almost certainly used on other models with a more sensible pricing policy.

I have noticed the "obselete" Worcester 9.24 fan seems to use the same motor and impeller as the still available Profile/netaheat units!

Tony

Might be worth oiling the bearings with engine oil to prolong its life a little.Its due a service in august I`ll see what the engineer as to say

Have a word with Geoff at CETLtd, if they aren't on the shelf you'll have to send yours off for a recon. Normally the turnround is a day or 2. Probably only cost you £50 - £60.

Just taken one of those boilers out. Perfectly ordinary fan - which I have put to one side...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back