Appendix 15, 17th Edition. ERROR!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If you have not already noticed, there is a glaring error in Appx 15.

On p363, it states, "a radial circuit starts and finishes at the distribution board where it is connected to a 30A or 32A overcurrent protective device."

Of course, a radial does not finish at the DB & also, it could be protected by a 20A device!

Hmm, cut and pasted & not altered, don't you think? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links

Funny isn't it how almost everyone says or types cut and paste when they mean copy and paste in Windows parlance Ctrl C (Copy) Ctrl V (Paste) as opposed to Ctrl X (Cut) Ctrl V (Paste)

I'll get my coat!

And every time you see the printed PHASE should be changed to LINE :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Ah, but did you also spot the non-existent regulation referred to in the same appendix, Secure? ;)

And every time you see the printed PHASE should be changed to LINE :rolleyes:

Not necessarily. We still have three phase supplies, distributed by means of line and neutral conductors.

Funny isn't it how almost everyone says or types cut and paste when they mean copy and paste in Windows parlance Ctrl C (Copy) Ctrl V (Paste) as opposed to Ctrl X (Cut) Ctrl V (Paste)

I'll get my coat!

Without wishing to sound snotty, I did actually mean cut and paste, from the days when text was literally cut & pasted...

I'll get my coat!

Without wishing to sound snotty, I did actually mean cut and paste, from the days when text was literally cut & pasted...

Wouldn't that leave a hole in the book :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back