Apple Mac

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
...Ive only ever used windows computers but now my 14yo daughter has an apple mac laptop (better for creating music apparently).
Anyone familiar with apple macs? Any hints on using them or is it as I think just the more you use the better your understanding of them.

Sponsored Links
my daughters boyfriend has an apple mac computer, and he says its quite easy to use but the only problem is the software and bits for the apple mac are very expensive thats if you can find them, the good part is you dont have to worry about virususes.

Its pretty much loaded with software for her requirements. As she is 14 she will take to it more eassily me thinks (even used them before maybe)...its me really. its bringing back memories when I didnt even know how to turn a computer on....

Sponsored Links
I use a Mac all the time at home. Absolute dream compared to Windows, which I spend all day long supporting.

Most apps just install by dragging them into the Apps folder.

Mac should have come with Garage Band which is what you will use for music making. There probably is better, but I think it is good enough.

My sister got a Mac first while myself contented to getting a Windows operated computer after. We shared in her Mac for more or less a year and it took me the same length of time to partially master it. The best thing I want in Macs is that you won't fuss over viruses and worms. But I thought I'm not ever gonna know how to troubleshoot it unlike Windows. Plus, accessories are so pricey, even the simple charger.

I think AppleMacs, are starting to suffer from viruses. Hackers, developers, etc, etc have tended to ignore Mac's, but there are viruses out there. Antivirus is a must on all computers these days.

Sponsored Links
Back