Appliance sliding plate

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I have a dishwasher that is quite a tight fit under the worktop. As the floor is not level I can't use rollers as it will not fit. If I just push it into place, the weight on the vinyl floor makes foot-shaped dents and it is very difficult to move without rucking up or tearing the floor.

I have seen a square plate used under appliances, with a hard smooth surface so you can slide them back. What would be a good material to use? I think ply would not be shiny enough to slide on.

Sponsored Links
yes, that says it's a good idea to have one.

But what can I buy, or where from, to use?

Sponsored Links
johnxl1s said:
put some fairy liquid under and walk it, , not a lot really just take care or get it tiled

john

Spot on, but if you also have a thin sheet of metal, you can tilt machine back, slide metal, add washing up liquid (dosnt need to be fairy :LOL: )
Sooo easy
Find somewhere that sells thin sheet metal?...visit your local scrapyard?...use the shiny side of a piece hardboard?...google?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back