Sliding doors on a bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just had a new bathroom suite fitted and my wife wants to utilise the space under the bath at either end. What springs to mind is two sliding doors.

Any thoughts on what is available to use for the sliding doors to sit in, top and bottom.

The simplest form I suppose is an "E" shape plastic moulding.

Sponsored Links
well bear in mind if you go down this route then the opening is reduced by half.
how about 2 small made to measure doors opening outwards?.

also consider the ammount of moisture/condensation that any joinery you introduce into the bathroom may act as a sponge.

What space do you have ? most baths have very little space, or is your description lacking something? :confused:

The bathroom is quite small but there is about 8 inches between the end of the bath and the wall which I will utilise as storage space.

We don't require a lot of space, just for things like cleaning stuff, spare loo rolls, shampoo, soap etc.

Opening doors could be a solution but the basin pedestal would get in the way of opening the door.

Sponsored Links
I have 6mm oak veneered ply as a bath panel stuck on with heavy duty magnetic latches so you can just pop it off and on to use the storage behind.

I was going to put two hatches in it as hidden doors but in my opinion it looks much better as a single solid slab of oak rather than broken up with doors and or fixings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back