How to move a W/M into position.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got any ideas on how to push/pull a washing machine in and out of a tight space. The machine is an Indesit W1A101 which has rubber feet and will not slide. Unfotunately I put vynal flooring down and it's going to dig into it.
I cut a square of hardboard but the machine will not slide on it. Is there a better sheet material I could use ? or another method ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
shhet of rigid OVC polished with furntiure polish one side

or squirt of washing up liquid in front of rear feet

When pulling out, lift the front slightly (easily done when you're pulling with your hands in the drum). When pushing in, shove with your feet (sat on the floor - it helps if you have a hard object like a wall to lean back on) have a helper pull forwards at the top.

Just had to do similar at my grandad's house - had to tip it up to replace a bit of rubber drain hose that had split.

Sponsored Links
there's a lot to be said for putting wheeled rollers under all your heavy appliances. They raise it a bit but you can usually take the appliance worktop off to help it get under your kitchen worktop,

You can get appliance rollers at DIY sheds and at places that sell appliances.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back