Condensing dryers in general and Indesit W/M

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had my second Indesit washine machine go bang. the problem is with the micro processor controller, a couple of track burn't off the PCB. The tracks arced across because the track spacing is too small for reliable mains operation in the damp!!!
While taking the W/M apart I took of the fan/heater assy. for the tumble dryer only to find its about 1/3 blocked with fluff. This is after about 2 years use. On this particular machine, it is under the top cover and the top part of its housing can be taken off and inspected/de-fluffed. I reckon it needs doing every three years or so.
The other VERY disturbing thing is that the main ON/OFF switch is not!! It just lets the processor turn off the pump/heater/drum motor/front panel LEDs. The Processor PCB is still live, the switch is a diddy little thing on the board, as well as some of the internal wiring.
Frank

Sponsored Links
Yes, the Hotpoint / Indesit machines are not very good and I agree they should have a proper switch that shuts off everything. Washer dryers are always a compromise and do tend to suffer from lint build up because they don't have a filter like a dedicated dryer would have. If you have access to a washing line it would be best to minimise the use of the dryer. This would also save money on electric bills.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back