Appliance traps...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What's the best thing to use for a dishwasher that isn't immediately next to the sink?

Does anyone do a push fit type for the hose, like the ones found attached to sink wastes, or are standalone types always the old style washing machine type here the hose is just pushed inside the open vertical pipe?

Sponsored Links
What distance are you talking about here? Hoses can be joined together, but keep the run smooth, without hollows and slowly descending.
Check out McAlpine traps - they do them all!
John :)

What distance are you talking about here? Hoses can be joined together, but keep the run smooth, without hollows and slowly descending.
Check out McAlpine traps - they do them all!
John :)

Cheers, I did wonder about that, but my dad linked two hoses and they never fully drained, it always smelled of stagnant water after a few days without use

I guess the next question will be, is there another drain nearby you can connect into?
I’ve used two hoses with success, raising them high out of the back of the machine, then descending towards the sink without dips in the hose.
John

Sponsored Links
I guess the next question will be, is there another drain nearby you can connect into?
I’ve used two hoses with success, raising them high out of the back of the machine, then descending towards the sink without dips in the hose.
John

Thanks, I'll see if that's possible with the corner unit between the dishwasher and sink waste

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back