Applying CH Cleaner and Inhibitor Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a sealed combi boiler system and think there is sludge in the downstairs radiators as they ain't very warm but upstairs are very warm - I have roughly balanced the radiators but the owner had a new boiler installed on the cheap a year ago and I doubt they cleaned the system (or did a very good job of it).

I just want to know how to apply the stuff into the sealed system? Example, the chemicals seem to come in bottles and I'm not sure how I can get this into the system? Does it go in via the filling loop? If so, how? (I can't pour it in).

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If the system is old and you think it was not cleaned properly, consider fitting a Magnaclean on a 22mm vertical Return pipe near the boiler. It will cost you about £100 and is a fairly easy job if you can do DIY plumbing. Otherwise a heating engineer can fit it for you.

As you will have drained it to do the job it is easy to add the cleaner (and once clean the inhibitor) by pouring it down the empty pipe or into the canister, the Magnaclean has a facility for squirting chemicals in through a valve on the top

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back