Inhibitor in a combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Parents house has a Baxi 100HE

Thinking it would be a good idea to flush, run a system cleaner, then install inhibitor. I have bottles of those for free.

How do you install these into a combi ? ..... the products are just standard plastic bottles.

When I did same on son's house the products were in an aerosol used via filling loop but I would then be paying £15 a bottle.

Is there some trick to getting standard bottled stuff into the system.

Only option without cracking open boiler would be via a rad .... but air vent hole is tiny and these bottles have large diameter tops.

Sponsored Links
Unscrew one of the top fittings on a rad or towel warmer and empty it into there.
Have any of them got these?
3456B351-3E14-48C7-A686-B6EF9B627A1F.jpeg

Ahh ... when people mentioned putting in via bleed valve, thought they meant just via bleed screw. Thx

Ahh ... when people mentioned putting in via bleed valve, thought they meant just via bleed screw. Thx
It is easier to remove the blank pug to fill with inhibitor with the bleed screw opend at the other end as you fill with inhibitor (to allow the air to escape as you are dosing the rad)

Sponsored Links
Yep .. all reads Rads are old type with no screw off plugs ... except 1 :)
So will follow your advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back