Apron Flashing...clips??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
have to put an apron flashing on a new roof..its a slate lean to.
Anyway i cut out the chase ages back just hadnt the time to put on the lead.
I have made lead soakers and i have installed an apron over them before and all worked well.

However when i look on the lead sheet organisation website it shows clips under the apron flashing that are pinned to the top batton i guess...and once the lead is in place you fold them back over the lead to hold it in place...all makes sense to me.
However when i went to my local builders merchants (who are normally good for advice) he hadnt a clue what these clips were...i have since looked @ a few roofs and actually cant see them on any...are they actually used in reality?
Cheers,
Marty.

Sponsored Links
The clips help stop wind uplift but as you say are not used too much

You need to ask for 50mm copper coil to form the clips, as the name suggests it comes as a roll of copper that you cut to the required length

Thanks for that..Im in ireland and anything that can be skimped on generally is!!
Could i make some from lead? (the lead im using for the flashing which is code 4 cut into 50mm strips)
Marty

Sponsored Links
They will also help prevent the flashing pulling out of the chase..(should your plugs fail)

I've used an old copper water cylinder cut into strips. Or even an old stainless steel pedal bin!

Less flexible than lead.

Used lead strips once to do the same with a lead ridge. Then one day the wind picked up, and it all ended in the garden :LOL:

Well i did it yesterday evening using lead strips :)
Considering the guy next door has no clips visible I think/hope i will be alright!
Quite windy today so maybe ill find out when i get home.
In any case im doing it in two phases...an under cloak i think is what its called?...I havent the tp cloak put on yet
Marty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back