Aqua Lisa showers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I intend fitting 2 Aqual Lisa pumped showers in my loft, so the other day I spent ages fitting a Surrey flange to the HW cylinder, and a 22mm take-off from the CW tank, the idea being that I could T off the new 22m feeds to supply both showers.

However, according to the Aqua Lisa installation guys, the feed should NOT be from a Surrey flange as they are too restrictive, but instead be Teed off the horizontal pipe from the clinder, AND as I want to install 2 showers I need 2 separate feeds off that pipe, plus 2 separate feeds off the CW tank. I am now faced with the dilemma of the horizontal supply off the new Surrey flange potentially going nowhere, and having to fit 2 more Tees into the relatively short horizontal feed pipe to the rest of the HW taps...

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
thought you already had a shower fitted off an essex flange and your just adding another shower off the surrey flange ? :confused:

thought you already had a shower fitted off an essex flange and your just adding another shower off the surrey flange ? :confused:

Yeah-but-no-but-yeah-but.... I do have one shower currently pumped off an Essex flange, but as the pump from the Essex flange won't last much longer (New Team or something....) the idea was to fit an Aqual Lisa it its place, and fit a separate Aqua Lisa to the other bathroom to replace the Triton leccy shower that has never been great anyway.

The existing pump and all associated pipework will then be binned, with the connections to the Essex flange and CW tank cut back and capped off.

Is this making any sort of sense? :confused:

why not keep the essex flange as its fitted and run a shower off each ?

Sponsored Links
why not keep the essex flange as its fitted and run a shower off each ?

Cos it's only 15mm, and Aqua Lisa say 22mm feeds are better if possible... Also, the exsiting pumped shower arrangement is a maintenance nightmare, so I guessed that a totally new and accessible system might be easier for a plumbing-pleb like me, maybe not initially, but certainly if and when maintenance issues crop up.

BTW, spoke to Aqua Lisa again (different techie this time) and he told me that what I have done so far should work fine, i.e. dedicated 22mm feed from Surrey flange, dedicated 22mm feed off CW tank, then T off and go 3m to one shower processor, and 2m to the other one. He did say that a Warwick flange is preferable to the Surrey flange, but no need to change for the sheer hell of it. Now I'm totally confused!

first bloke is talking rubbish your second advice is ok
as the digitals are only 15mm feeds so no need for 22mm as first advice said.
but personally i still prefer to keep them seperate more so if the fittings are their.

first bloke is talking rubbish your second advice is ok
as the digitals are only 15mm feeds so no need for 22mm as first advice said.
but personally i still prefer to keep them seperate more so if the fittings are their.

Thanks! But 2nd guy said that 22mm would still be better, with just the last 150mm or so reduced to 15mm. As I spent £50 on 22mm plastic pipe and God knows how much on 22mm maintenance valves and various other 22mm bits, I am happy to run it all in 22mm, even if the Surrey flange only (apparently) has a 15mm uptake from the tank...

S'pose I could take it all back and exchange for 15mm, but then when I factor in time, petrol, @rsing about, etc....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back