Aquadart shower door spares???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with the small plastic roller bearings top and bottom of the shower door they gradually wear and fall apart, I have replaced them twice before by just ringing Aquadart and they sent replacements out FOC. Unfortuantely now the company that took over the name refuses to honour any warranty or even supply spares.
I bought some small roller bearings from RS Components and made up adapter spigots on my lathe, they fit OK and roll but they are still not ideal as the bearings are stainless steel with square shoulders and the shower channel is aluminium and requires ideally rounded edge bearings, the door opens and closes now without falling out of the aperture but it takes a LOT of effort as there is too much friction with SS in an Alu runner.
If anyone knows a supplier of plastic coated bearing, please let us know!
I cannot beleive these bearings were only made exlusively for Aquadart, there must be other manufacturers out there that use them?

Bearing size is 19mm diameter 5mm wide

Best regards David

Sponsored Links
There must be loads of these shower doors with the same problem now, nobody heard of a solution?

May be a bit late for previous posters but may help others.Have just received and fitted new rollers to an Aquadart Toledo .They are very similar to originals.They are threaded internally M4 so you can use the original screws.They are part No.SR60 from www.showerrollers.co.uk

May be a bit late for previous posters but may help others.Have just received and fitted new rollers to an Aquadart Toledo .They are very similar to originals.They are threaded internally M4 so you can use the original screws.They are part No.SR60 from www.showerrollers.co.uk

I have found another company called www.showerdoorrollers.co.uk who have a vast range of roller units and wheels and who are very helpfull

Sponsored Links
I found perfect fit rollers here.

Seller
LK Technologies Inc
[email protected] to seller
You haven't included a note.

DescriptionUnit priceQtyAmount
3/4" Shower Door Oval Edge Roller with Metric Thread
Item Number 260753905978

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back