Shower door 'pivot hinge'?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hope this is in the right sub-forum...

The bottom part of my shower door moved out of vertical alignment the other day and I figured it meant the bracket holding it on the bottom rail needed unscrewing and moving along a little bit.

However, upon further investigation, it seems the shower door wasn't actually properly attached to the hinge or bracket it sits on. I think I need a replacement.

Does anyone know where I might source one of these? And, even better, what's it actually called - I'm thinking it's a shower door pivot hinge... but Google is not returning me anything that looks like this when I search. I popped into Wickes, no joy, and the Bath Store, no idea.

hinge2.jpg

It's all made of plastic. Really need a replacement.

Sponsored Links
Had the same issue, shower screen delivered with one hinge broken, had to contact the manufacturer to post out some new ones.

You could contact the manufacturer, the hinges i have look exactly the same as your one, if you dont know who the manufacturer is i can try to find the details from our purchase which was few years ago now, or failing that i have some spares in the shed could post you one if i can find them

Thanks for that offer! The shower was installed in the house when bought, a relatively new build Barratt. So, I'll scan for any identifying marks but I don't know where it came from myself. Weird that I can't seem to find these things to buy anywhere!

No worries, will look later tonight, im sure i have some, will let you know. Will try to find the manufacturer details too.

Sponsored Links
OK had a look.

My shower door is a Manhattan New Era Pivot Door 800mm NE80PDC.

I found the spares that I have. There is a pin which is attached to the glass door at the top and the bottom. This pin sits in a socket which attaches to the frame.

Your photo shows the socket which I think has the broken off pin stuck in it. So that part is OK if you can get the broken pin out, but you will need a replacement pin which attaches to the door.

The pins look to be slightly different top to bottom.

I have attached a photo of the spares I have which show the socket and the two pins.

The manufacturer has a lifetime guarantee so i'm sure they would send you out some spares - their contact details are:
Manhattan Showers Limited, Marsden Hill, Brunswick Street, Nelson, Lancashire BB9 0LY
Phone: 0845 257 9030.

If you get nowhere with them, PM me (and let me know if it is the top or bottom hinge) and i'll send you one of mine, I've got two sets of spares so I should be OK even if one of mine break in the future.

pivot_hinge.jpg

Excellent, and I thought the pin protruded from what you're calling the socket, I thought it has snapped off but I'll see if I can remove it, now it makes more sense... and I would have been looking for the wrong replacement part anyway. Oops.

And I've now found it on their website as well. Seems to come as a bunch of stuff. Will contact them Monday.

I know! Lucky on two levels, it seems, because I couldn't even find them and I'm certainly not incompetent at Google searching, this thing was really elusive... but now I know where to get a complete set of gubbins if it comes to that, but I may just be able to get the company to send me out the bottom part I need. If not, for any reason, then I may see if the kind offer made above is still open.

I was contemplating, after no luck searching the Internet and going to various shops (3) yesterday, buying a whole new shower door. At least I can put paid to that.

I managed to get the broken pin out with a scalpel, so this part is now 'back in action'.

hi im looking for the same part as you are talking about , do ou have a product number as I don't seem to be able to find it on their page
thankyou
jenny:)

Hi everyone. I have the same need to find a replacement pivot block hinge as shown above and have found the part required but alas it is no longer in stock https://manhattanspares.co.uk/Pivot-Block-Hing
I just wondered if there was anyone on here that would know where else to try. I have googled for the part but understand the company no longer exists. Thanks in advance!

Hi, My pivot shower door's pivot is broken. I am attaching photo. Can anyone please guide me as from where I can buy it.

Regards,
Imran

Attachments

• shower door up and down Pivot 1.gif
    shower door up and down Pivot 1.gif
    163.2 KB · Views: 238

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back