Is this shower enclosure too small?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking at this shower enclosure and trying to work out if the door opening is too small? This is for my old flat that I intend to use for AirBnB etc.
https://victoriaplum.com/product/orchard-6mm-pivot-hinged-rectangular-shower-enclosure-with-stone-tray-800-x-760?options=size|700_x_900
It's 700mm x 900mm with the hinged door on the 700mm side. The door's pivot point means that the opening is actually around 440mm. This sounds small but when I've tried getting through a wide 440mm gap, it doesn't feel too bad. It turns out the opening on our en-suite shower is only 500mm and I've never got stuck in that!

What do people think?

Sponsored Links
From pictures it looks like pivot is 150mm from edge, so 550 gap to get out (500 if considering frame).
Surely, even a chinese engineer would've thought of this before giving the thumbs up for production to start.

Sponsored Links
If was living there I'd get annoyed with it.
If you are planning on daily/weekly letting you'll get away with it until someone who has no idea where the salad bar is can't get in, or worse gets stuck and can't get out. You'd be better with a bifold if space is that tight, or a quadrant tray & revolving door

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back