2006 Galaxy Shower Screen Pivot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Not so much a project but a pain.

I had a Claygate Galaxy 'P' shaped bath and shower installed in 2006. 2 weeks ago one of the top plastic pivot fixings for the curved side door sheared and the door fell off.

I swapped the fixing for an unbroken one on the back flat door to enable the shower to be used without soaking the bathroom.

I need to track down a replacement pivot; have spoken to Claygate who tell me they don't carry spares for older models. I ordered their current fixings for a similar model and they don't work.

Can anybody help me in locating any spares for this model please, or even if someone could recommend someone who could make them for me?

It seems ridiculous that a simple plastic pivot could render my shower screens broken and as Claygate tell me the 'P' bit has changed over the years it will be hard to find replacement doors that fit therefore I may need a new bath and screen!!!!!

I have uploaded a few pictures.

Any help / advice would be much appreciated.

Stu

Sponsored Links
That's what happens when people go for the cheapest rather than a branded product such as Ideal Standard etc.
Jeff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back