Anyone installed this shower screen type

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all, pull my hair out on this install.

Take a look at this ebay item number as its the one I purchase:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120740260...NX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_5067wt_905

Basicly its a very nice frameless shower screen and door. The glass is very thick and the the magnetic closer seal is great. All in all it seems a fantastic product. But then I went to fit the silver bar on the bottom (as pictured on the ebay page). The door is like alot of bath screens where as you open and close it, it rises and falls. The problem I have is as it falls the sealing strip gets stuck on the silver bar. As its dropping down it squashes onto it if you get what I mean, and this prevents the door from shutting.

I have done a million enclosures etc, but this is unique to me. The seller is getting technical to help out with advice and thgey sent some spared hinge pivots to me, but I cant help thinking there is a simple solution otherwise it would be a design fault. All parts are in perfect condition and the pivot is none adjusting.

Any thoughts or questions please feel free comment.[/b]

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back