Aqualisa A2 shower control failure.

D

dmb06851

The failure started when it didn't supply hot water to be mixed with the cold. Subsequently the pump stopped running too.
Now, as long as a.c. power is applied to the unit, the lower half-moon of the control in the shower is permanently lit up ... and that's all.

Does anyone have enough knowledge of this unit to guess the cause.

As Aqualisa refuses to supply spares for the control's innards and as p.c.bs sometimes appear on ebay, I thought that it may be worth a try to buy one of them.

I know that there are three boards in the unit, presumably the major one and possibly the culprit being the larger of them, the control p.c.b. X206201.

Opinions please.

Sponsored Links
Remove the control from the wall and check the data cable and control pad for water/moisture in the control panel.

That's been done. It didn't seem particularly wet, but I will check again.

Just for interest, the shower has worked faultlessly for the 7 years we've been here. I have no idea how long it had been installed before we bought the house.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
I have checked the wall control again. Dry as a bone.

My initial impression was drawn when a visiting plumber took it off. There were a few droplets of water around the rim, that's all.

I thought that there were three boards in the control unit because that is what the plumber said.

I have now removed the cover myself and see that there are only two; the control board and a small one which carries the triac and associated bits and pieces for motor switching.

Any other thoughts?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back