Aqualisa push fit fittings - what type?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
does anyone know if the push fit fittings in Aqualisa shower pipework is their own brand or can I buy them somewhere else? Hep2O dont fit!

Its an old shower btw probably 20 odd years old and its a 609 Thermo mixer....

Sponsored Links
thanks Dan, I'll give them a ring. I've spent ages tonight trying to get Hep fittings to fit but the Aqua valve body fittings are not compatible - once you assemble the o ring and gripper ring etc and put the copper pipe into valve body , the Hep screw cap bottoms out on valve body and doesnt clamp the gripper when done up tight so the pipe pulls out . I am using 10 yr old (new) hep fittings though...

Sponsored Links
I'm trying to fix a leak, took it apart, saw it was push fit fittings, looked to see if hep fitted, obviously not hence my post.

hmm this is confusing, Aqualisa are telling me the gripper rings and O rings etc that I have, are not supplied by them and that they are a plumber fitted part. Its these bits I need.....

hope this has loaded ok. I need the gripper ring, O ring and the plastic collar thing for 3 inlets/ outlets. The pic shows the valve casing but the pipe is one of the inlets, it has the fittings on it that I need though hence I've shown it. the shower is an Aqualiser 600.

Attachments

• IMG_5054.JPG
    IMG_5054.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 371
There are a number of different "internals" to Hep2o fittings and getting the wrong ones, or the right ones in the wrong order can be a major problem. In fact it's not recommended to use anyone else's internals in someone else's housing (fitting) as they are designed as a "unit"
The early fittings were "O" ring first grab ring second, meaning when the pipe is inserted into the fitting it passes through the "O" ring first then the grab ring.
All the later Hep2o fittings use the grab first, "O" ring second method.
You ideally need to get the correct replacements

yes trying very hard to get the correct replacements. Aqua say the gripper ring, o ring and thin black collar dont come with the elbow they supply. Showerspares are showing the elbow as including these parts so I dont know who is right here.The cost of 2 elbows and an outlet are about £27 but all I need are the gripper, O ring and collar x 3 sets so dont really want to pay £27 for those!

edit
yes the Aqualisa fittings DO include gripper and O rings etc. They cant be bought seperately.....

Last edited:
well, well would you believe it, went to BQ and they had exactly the right push fit fittings with identical O ring, collar and gripper so bought a 22m tee for £4 and thats gives me what I need. Thanks for all comments...

Hi Matz - hope you see this. Having exactly the same problem, could you tell me what you dismantled from B&Q to yield the orings, cheers, Julian

Hi Matz - hope you see this. Having exactly the same problem, could you tell me what you dismantled from B&Q to yield the orings, cheers, Julian

Hey @punkieys17 it's an old thread and the OP may no longer be following this forum, but, if they enabled email notifications when they joined, you can get their attention using the @ symbol and then selecting their user name from the pop up list like this... @matz

(no pop up appeared so maybe Matz didn't subscribe but it went blue so maybe they did.)

I know polyplumb use the same internals and sequence in their 'non' demountable fittings, will they be exactly the same ... not sure ... but worth a punt IMO.

I would give the ones you have a good clean and a little silicon grease on the o-ring and try again tho the plastic forming ring does look a bit gubbed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back