How do i connect mixer shower inlets to Hep20 plastic pipework?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am fitting a new shower, this is a mixer shower run off a combi boiler and cold mains. The rest of the pipework (at least anywhere near the shower) is plastic Hep20 (fitted by myself). My problem is I don't know what kind of connection I need to attach the shower inlet to the plastic pipework. I've attached a pic of the shower below, and a close up showing the size of the inlet, which is a femalt threaded connection.

So what size and type of fitting should I connect to these to eventually join to my plastic pipework?

EDIT:
oh, and I have two Hep2O 1/2 inch BSP to 15mm push fit pipe connectors as I thought these might be the right things to use. If so, do I need to wrap in PTFE bfore screwing on, and how tight should I make them?

Attachments

• shower1.jpg
    shower1.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 541
  • shower2.jpg
    shower2.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 520
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
i wouldn't personally install shower on plastic behind wall in partition especially when covering in tiles . just imaging getting leak on valve and getting access to it.

i wouldn't personally install shower on plastic behind wall in partition especially when covering in tiles . just imaging getting leak on valve and getting access to it.

It'll be accessible from the side by removing the back of some shelves, but what would be the actual problem with plastic, is it the connection? I've never had any problem with Hep20 plastic fittings leaking, way more problems with copper compression fittings. If the connection, I can have a little copper between the shower and Hep20, but would still like to know the correct fittings for this.

Sponsored Links
You will need ½" to 15mm male irons

Thanks, and would hep20 1/2 inch to 15mm push fit do the same job, or does it have to be these then copper pipe then Hep20 push fit?

Do I need any PTFE or anything like this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back