Aqualisa Quartz Drip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One my neighbours is complaining that their shower dosn't turn off fully - there is a slow drip every 3-4 seconds. It says aqualisa quartz on the box in the loft.

The shower has a press button on/off so I persume it's some sort of electrical valve up in the shower pump box that turns the water off. There is a 15inch long grey box up in the loft with all the works in it - didn't dare open it !!

How does this work and can you just replace the on/off valve or do you have to get the whole lot ?

Sponsored Links
Quartz showers come with a 5 year warranty, so call Aqualisa!

necropost?

FWIW the O-rings in the "processor module" have all gone hard or have scale on them. Common (design) fault. 3 hours and 20 pence in parts to fix until next time. Aqualisa don't sell parts. You'll have to pull it apart, dig out the o-rings, and order them yourself.

There is no shut off valve. It relies on the a stepper motor driven blend valve (like a ceramic tap cartridge but made of plastic and with o-ring seals) to shut off the flow of water.

Sponsored Links
Our friend called in Aqualisa and had the shower fixed (free) 6 years ago !!
(She had just moved into the house but had the original receipt from previous owner)
Still working fine - Feb 2014. :D :D :D

Same problem some time ago, same fix. Watched the guy change the whole module that did the flow control. 5 mins.

Aqualisa will sell a new pump module, which is slightly different design. It's only available from Aqualisa Customer Services.

Or you could buy the cheapest Aqualisa shower, for a few pounds extra, throw the new riser and hose away and fit the new processor from it. That way the 5yr warranty starts again. If you buy the spare processor, I think it only comes with 1yr.

necropost?

FWIW the O-rings in the "processor module" have all gone hard or have scale on them. Common (design) fault. 3 hours and 20 pence in parts to fix until next time. Aqualisa don't sell parts. You'll have to pull it apart, dig out the o-rings, and order them yourself.

There is no shut off valve. It relies on the a stepper motor driven blend valve (like a ceramic tap cartridge but made of plastic and with o-ring seals) to shut off the flow of water.
Apologies for replying to an ancient post, but I have the same issue. I was thinking of creating a closed circuit using two joined lengths of (clear?) hose (one end into the outlet and the other end into a Y-piece with short pieces of hose into the hot and cold inlets), and joining them with a straight connector half way between the outlet and the Y-piece so they can be filled up with vinegar or some other limescale remover without all the liquid running out, and then running the shower processor/pump for half an hour or however long it takes to dissolve all the limescale. My thinking is that perhaps the built up scale is preventing the valve from fully closing when not in use.

However, having just read your post I am wondering if just replaceing the seals, or perhaps even doing both jobs would be a good idea. On that point - how do you get into the processor / pump units to change the seals - I thought they were sealed (unservicable) units, at least that's what the manual says?

Thanks, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back