Aqualisa RISE Shower - High Pitched Whirring Noise?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!!!

We've got a recently fitted Rise Shower + diverter valve, when we turned it on there was high pitched whine (like a pump running but with no water?). Had the guys round from Aqualisa to look it it..they advised cleared air lock.

Sure enough all good until yesterday, now continually whining as above with no water, checked both hot (red hot all the way through to the processor) and cold (ditto).

Should I call them back out or is there something I might try?

ADV-thanks-ANCE
Dave

Sponsored Links
Hi, I have also just had an Aqualisa Rise with diverter fitted and would be interested in your experience with this system. I had similar problems during commissioning of my system and I was able to resolve it to some extent.

Do you have a combination boiler?

If it's still under guarantee and at that price then yes, get them out. :) Unless it was yourself that cleared the last airlock, if so have you tried that again?

Sponsored Links
Hi Chris and Rob

appreciate the responses...sorted now...thanks to Aqualisa and a very helpful guy called Neil (Neal?) who talked me thru.clearing the airlock by taking the head off the handset and lowering the hose in the tray.. turn on the handset..a cough and splutter then water flowed.

Air is apparently likely to be getting in via an automatic air valve (fitted by our plumber to the uppermost extent of the hot feed in the loft which is accepted practice so I understand?) which I've shut closed now...

BTW its a gravity fed system

Regards
Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back